Want to earn a living, set your own hours and meet interesting people from all over the world? Drive a taxicab from our client companies. Call Monday through Friday at 757-853-3575 for more details or submit the form on this page and we’ll be in touch.
- All drivers are Independent Lessees.
- Drivers set their own hours and schedules!
- The cab company owns the car, repairs the car, maintains the car. You lease the car!
- Each city requires a DMV record check and a criminal background check.
- All drivers attend the National Safety Council’s Defensive Driving Course.
- Learn how to be a taxi driver by riding around with an experienced driver.
- Military personnel, veterans, and military spouses are encouraged to drive a cab. The Military community is important and the cab companies are always looking for quality drivers.
Insurance and Most Significant Local Ordinance Requirements for Drivers:
- Drivers must be at least 23 years old.
- Drivers who are over 65 must have physician’s statement indicating they are fit to drive.
- Driving Record: At least 5 years of DMV driving history. We can help obtain most out of state DMV records if needed. Also, complete driving history will be considered by insurance company.
- Driving History: The following criteria must be met.
a.) Zero or better points on DMV Record.
b.) No more than three minor violations within the past 36 months.
c.) No more than one major violation and two minor violations within the past 36 months.
d.) No more than two Chargeable accidents in the past 36 months.
e.) No drug related violations.
- Criminal Background Check: Will be conducted by the police department.